What happens if my server blows up?

Hi all

I have setup duplicacy with google one.

It works. But i was just thinking. What happens if my server blows or get stolen?

How is the process? Setup Duplicacy and setup the storage with the long key for the encryption?

Thanks!

Yes, that’s pretty much the gist of here. Here is past post on this topic: How do I back up my Duplicacy install? (Or move my Duplicacy install to another machine) - #4 by saspus

Actually do try to go through this at least once so you are sure that you have all necessary credentials and/or ways to recover access to storage without using information on that one computer (e.g. keep that in a password manager that replicates to multiple cloud accounts)

2 Likes

Meny thanks.

So i could try to install duplicacy on my windwos pc and try to connect into my storage on google drive and see if i could recover and item from it?

Okay did the test install on mu windows pc and shut down my Duplicacy docker.

It all went well!

But i notice that i need 3 things
login password
Encryption password
and the gcd-token.json

But wow it was easy!

You actually only need one thing – encryption password. Assuming you maintain access to your google account, you can always generate a new gcd token.

Hmm i tryed the link to the gcd token but got an error about that i allready had an token ? :slight_smile:

It did not let you download the token again? Weird.

Either case, you can revoke the old token (Setttings → Manage Apps → Duplicacy → Disconnect) and then it will go through the same motions as the first time and should let you download it again.