Which duplicacy path I can delete?

When I installed duplicacy web on my home server (debian/ OMV), it took me several tries before I got it to work. I think part of the reason was that before using the web-ui, I was already running the cli version and I confused about how the two relate (I learned that they are completely separate) but also where exactly the web-ui creates its local cache, preferences and filters files etc. Eventually it worked, but left behind a number of duplicacy paths which I probably can delete.

The question is: which ones can I delete? What’s a safe way of checking that?

Here are some of the paths I see:

/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/all/.duplicacy/cache
/tmp/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/all/.duplicacy/cache/
/zfs/NAS/duplicacy/duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/0/.duplicacy/cache /zfs/NAS/duplicacy/duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/all/.duplicacy/cache
/zfs/NAS/duplicacy/server/cache/

/root/duplicacy_linux_x64_2.7.0
/root/.duplicacy-web/bin/duplicacy_linux_x64_2.6.2
/.duplicacy-web/bin/duplicacy_linux_x64_2.7.2
/zfs/NAS/config/homedirs/christoph/.duplicacy-web/bin/duplicacy_linux_x64_2.6.1

In /usr/bin I also have

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root      root          29 Sep 30  2020  duplicacy-web -> duplicacy_web_linux_x64_1.4.1
-rwxr-xr-x  1 christoph users   31359571 Apr 16  2020  duplicacy-web-1.3.0
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root      root    31436080 Aug 23  2020  duplicacy_web_linux_x64_1.4.1

And in /usr/bin I have

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root      root          29 Sep 30  2020  duplicacy-web -> duplicacy_web_linux_x64_1.4.1
-rwxr-xr-x  1 christoph users   31359571 Apr 16  2020  duplicacy-web-1.3.0
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root      root    31436080 Aug 23  2020  duplicacy_web_linux_x64_1.4.1

It looks to me as if my current install is in /.duplicacy-web/ so that I could delete all the other duplicacy paths and symlinks. Does that sound reasonable?

.duplicacy/cache is the cache directory used by the CLI. You can safely delete all of them without any issues.

I don’t know what /zfs/NAS/duplicacy/server/cache/ is.

$HOME/.duplicacy-web/bin/ is where the web GUI stores the CLI executable. Depending on your user account, $HOME can be /, or /root, or your home directory.

Not really. You still need the web GUI executable somewhere (maybe under /usb/bin). If you want to store all configurations under /.duplicacy-web/ then you need to make sure that / is your home directory.

1 Like

Okay, so everything is under /.duplicacy-web/ (since my homdir is /), except for the actual web-GUI executable. I have this in /usr/bin/:

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root          29 Nov  1 22:17  duplicacy-web -> duplicacy_web_linux_x64_1.5.0
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root    31469417 Nov  1 23:00  duplicacy_web_linux_x64_1.5.0

So I should be fine, I guess.