Why does it fail to list folder - when it's excluded?

Filters are:

-asterisk/ntuser.dat *
-asterisk/appdata/local/*
+*

EDIT changed * to asterisk - because forum software wants to keep me busy as well.

At some point in my still unfinished huge backup (with, at every continuation, weird ETA values) I have an error message. Why? I was thinking it is excluded. Case sensitive?

2019-09-16 15:29:27.785 WARN LIST_FAILURE Failed to list subdirectory: open \\?\M:\Backup\Definitions\Haupt\Userprofile_Stefanie\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive: Zugriff verweigert
2019-09-16 15:29:27.785 WARN LIST_FAILURE Failed to list subdirectory: open \\?\M:\Backup\Definitions\Haupt\Userprofile_Stefanie\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue: Zugriff verweigert

Yes, patterns are case sensitive. You can use regexp patterns which can be make case insensitive by adding the (?i) prefix. There are examples in Filters/Include exclude patterns

Thanks! Was a bit unexpected, since on NTFS/VFAT/etc files system level Case is not a thing.

If you want the forum software to display exactly what you type (i.e. to ignore formatting symbols etc) you can use code fences: ~~~ It is recommended to use these whenever pasting console output or the content of config files.

See however the docs: