Will the upcoming web-ui be able to handle different backups sets/filters within a repository?

Will the new, to be released, UI be able to create different backup sets based on the same folders (i.e. a different filters file for the same root folder) or will we still be stuck with one draconian selection of files for each repository?

Only the Draconian selection.

1 Like

Damn … but then I can work my way around the issue - so not a big problem and more a question of convenience (and of course I’d prefer to use the new nice looking UI instead of my hacky batch files :))

Not until the -filter option (Add a -filters option to the backup command · Issue #314 · gilbertchen/duplicacy · GitHub) is implemented, but this is an easy job so I’ll try to get it done.

4 Likes

I came here to ask this question. Glad to see that you’r putting effort on it.

I’m a user from crashplan looking for alternatives, and just bought the license from Duplicacy

I need to backup different folders from the same repository to different locations (only some folders need to go to the cloud, while the whole repo content need to backup localy) and this will only be possible when this is implemented. Looking forward to it :heart:

Yeah I know, it was me who added the issue/feature request back then - would be really cool to see this as a added feature in the future.