Windows 10 Backup, Time left is going up and the upload speed is slowly dropping

Hello,

Sorry, I can’t add much technical info as I’m not sure where to find it in Windows 10.
I’ve got a backup of my “C:\Users\dthom” ignoring the folders where things like games would be installed.

I’ve been running my first backup for 3 days now. And while this doesn’t bother me (400GB of data to back up to back blaze ) I’ve starting to reach the end of the backup according to the progress bar and the speed/time remaining seems to be going up and has been for a few hours now. When I click the progress bar to get to the logs it shows me lots of skipped/unable to back up folders etc, that I’m not worried about as I didn’t care about that data.

Now my questions, Should I be worried about this time estimate going up ?
Should the log actually load? It just sits there with one page of information, I was expecting lists of backed up files.

Sorry for such noob ish questions, I’ve recently had to move back to windows from Linux after 17 years of Linux use as I’m learning VR / Unreal development, so I’m lost on a windows box.

One thing to keep in mind with the estimated speed is that it’s based roughly on the average amount of raw data being processed (chunked, compressed and encrypted) rather than the bandwidth used - so it can be unrealistic at times…

When you click the progress bar, does the log show recent-ish timestamps near the end?

Is there any disk or network activity on the duplicacy_win_x64_2.7.2.exe process? If not, perhaps it’s frozen.

Worst case scenario you could try stop the backup (I’d also restart the Web GUI and make sure there’s no more Duplicacy processes running), then re-run it - the chunks you’ve uploaded will be skipped, so you’ll only lose a bit of time.

Please make sure that you’re setting -threads to 4 or even higher depending on your uplink bandwidth. By default only one thread will be used which means you’re connecting to only one Backblaze server whose performance can vary significantly over time.