Windows GUI backup to OneDrive SLOW and using almost NO resources

I am NEW to Duplicacy and using trial GUI…

Windows 10 PC with A10-5800 (4 core @ 3.8) and 16GB Ram.

Running a 22.5 GB backup of local FAST HD to OneDrive getting 731KB/s upload. Have Cable Internet 60mb down and 5mb up.

Running task manager show 0.5% or less CPU utilization, 30 MB memory used, 0% Disk and 0% Network…

Duplicacy backup is taking 9+ hours and effectively using NO machine resources…

Can copy files directly to OneDrive in less 1.5 hours. Of course the copy size is much larger than the Duplicacy as no dedup or compression.

Can someone help me get Duplicacy to better use resources/speed up the backup?

Thank You in Advance ;-)…

If you use 4 or 8 threads then the upload speed will be significantly improved.

gchen, Best performance with 2 threads… When I went to 4 or more NO increase and slight decrease…

Is your uplink 5M bits/s or 5M bytes/s? If it is 5M bits/s, then the upload speed 731K bytes/s is not bad, as it is already better than the theoretical limit of 625K bytes/s, and you may be able to get close to 1M bytes/s with deduplication and compression, so 2 threads may give the best results.

However, I don’t know how you can upload 22.5 GB files to OneDrive in less 1.5 hours with a 5M bits/s uplink. Does OneDrive support deduplication already?

gchen- Up is 5M bytes/s and YES Duplicacy does native support OneDrive… Honestly I am NOT a big OneDrive fan, however FREE 5tb with MS 365 subscription…

FYI- I ran Duplicacy backup to local hard drive that is synced to OneDrive in a little over an hour and a half…

IMHO- Duplicacy is a GREAT product but believe the bottleneck is the direct OneDrive storage…

As mentioned I am a NEWBIE to Duplicacy and need to dive into the CLI… Using GUI as proof of concept since so many other products in this space… I am impressed and Duplicacy ;-)…

isn’t 5Mb pretty much 620 or so Kb??