Allow a single Web UI to Manage Multiple Workstations

Back in 2020 I asked about the possibility of having the Web UI installed only on a single host but allow it to manage Duplicacy backup administration across multiple clients/workstations. It seems this was the original intent of switching to the Web UI but it hadn’t been implemented yet at that time.

Does anyone who if there has been any progress on this front since then? I realize the networking piece here might be viewed as a challenge but I would be glad to have the framework for this feature even if it only functioned within a LAN for now. With Tailscale etc., it would not be difficult for me/others to connect workstations outside of the local network if we needed that ability. Just a thought :slight_smile:

An easy workaround is to have multiple shortcuts on your favourite bar in the browser pointing to different instances of webui.

In fact, it’s hardly a workaround — that’s the solution. Because writing another web app to just effectively keep a bunch of shortcuts seems unnecessary.

would not be difficult for me/others to connect workstations outside of the local network

Something like cloudflare tunnels would be more suitable here. VPN is overkill just to access a web app.