Bug in Schedules(?) / Good prune/check settings?

I was doing my backups manually while testing fro storages etc.
Now that I have everything setup I added schedules for these backups and they seems not ok.

In the schedule tab I can see them backing up, and in the backup tab they aren’t.

Is this a bug?
What I am missing? Am I that dumb? Lol.

The CFF_NAS schedule is running for about 10hours now, it’s already in the revision 30 as you can see in this log, and I don’t know why is it taking so long… Her’s the log:

Running backup command from /Users/carlosferrarifotografia/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/1 to back up /Volumes/CF1 DADOS
Options: [-log backup -storage CFF_BACKUP-NAS -stats]
2020-01-21 12:00:01.567 INFO REPOSITORY_SET Repository set to /Volumes/CF1 DADOS
2020-01-21 12:00:01.567 INFO STORAGE_SET Storage set to /Volumes/CFF BACKUP
2020-01-21 12:00:02.792 INFO BACKUP_START Last backup at revision 30 found
2020-01-21 12:00:02.792 INFO BACKUP_INDEXING Indexing /Volumes/CF1 DADOS
2020-01-21 12:00:02.793 INFO SNAPSHOT_FILTER Parsing filter file /Users/carlosferrarifotografia/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/1/.duplicacy/filters
2020-01-21 12:00:02.793 INFO SNAPSHOT_FILTER Loaded 5 include/exclude pattern(s)

And about prune and checks, what are good frequencies?

The Backup tab is really just a separate place to define backup repositories - that’s its primary purpose. Plus, you can run them manually by pressing the play triangle button in the low left of each backup ID.

AFAICT, you won’t see any action in this area if a schedule is running in the Schedule tab, because they’re supposed to be separate, although actually, I guess it would make a lot of sense to show the progress in both tabs if a particular ID is running!

Re prune and check frequencies, I personally run prune’s once a day in the morning from my Windows Server / NAS with Duplicacy CLI, but I’ll probably change that soon to once a week and run the check just before it. As for prune retention periods, check out my ideas toward the end of this post.

4 Likes

Thank you again.

In fact, it makes no sense when it’s running in schedule it not showing progress in the backup tab… and you can start it again there. So it’s a mess.

Thanks for the retention and check polices ;)!