'Can't Start the web server' Error Message When Starting Duplicacy

Hi all,

I’m getting the following error message when starting Duplicacy. Can anyone help with this?

I am running on a freshly installed Windows 10 1903 Hyper-V VM

To add I did have Duplicacy running in a test environment which is no longer being used.

Either Duplicacy is already running, or you have another program that listening on the same 3875 port.

Do you see the other Duplicacy instance in Task Manager?

Thank you so much, it seems duplicacy was starting itself.

Here too, duplicacy was starting itself.
So what does the “Duplicacy Web Edition” icon do? Nothing except giving an error message?
I need to start the web browser manually and enter the address 127.0.0.1:3875 manually if I want to open Duplicacy web?

I’m seeing the same error on Windows 10 with Duplicacy Web Edition installed for a user, not as a service:

1. Launch Duplicacy Web Edition from the Start Menu shortcut. This runs duplicacy_web_win_x64_1.4.1.exe and opens the web page.

2. Close the web page. This does not terminate the duplicacy_web_win_x64_1.4.1.exe task.

3. Launching Duplicacy Web Edition from the Start Menu shortcut again fails ‘Can’t start the web server’ because it is already running, so you need to have a bookmark/link to the web page saved and use that – confusing.

Check who is already listening on that port. And act accordingly — either nuke them or change port Duplicacy is trying to use.

This is a good feature request.

DuplicacyWeb shall check on start if there is already instance running (distinguishing one installed as a service from the user app on windows) and tell the other instance to launch the browser. @gchen?