Duplicacy Backup Summary does not match WindirStat?

Hi All,

I just completed a first upload of a large set of files using duplicacy/B2. This is the final summary I saw:

The upload was paused one time, and then I restarted the upload - so I believe duplicacy is informing me about the .incomplete snapshot file being removed. I also see few files were inaccessible due to access errors (I didn’t enable VSS for my backup and also it’s possible that the windows permissions are messed up). However, when I count the files in the repo source with Windirstat, I see 639, 215 files as opposed to the 619,826 files reported by duplicacy. Is this expected at all? Does the summary report filter out any files (like empty ones, etc)? Unfortunately, I didn’t enable logging for this round, but I can try one more time (now that all of the upload is complete) with logging.

Any other suggestion is appreciated! Thanks!

Those could be symbolic links, or empty files or files what was not possible to open, or those you did not have permission to read, etc.

You can always enumerate all files in the backup snapshot (see List command details) and enumerate all files on your machine (dir /b /s *.*), sort both lists by name and diff the results.

1 Like

You can also use rclone check to make this comparison.

How can you use rclone to read file lists from a duplicacy storage? Do you mean duplicacy check?

Sure, my fault sorry… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I was confused too, but for a moment I thought it would be awesome if rclone can really do that…

Thanks for suggestion. I’ll try diffing the two lists and check out the differences.

I think even if files are actually skipped by duplicacy backup but are enumerable, the summary could add a field that lists the total number of enumerated files in addition to the total files that were backed up.

I was testing a new Rclone function at that time and “in the heat of the battle” I suggested the wrong tool, sorry again.