Duplicacy Web Edition 1.1.0 is now available

New features:

Bug fixes:

As usual you can find the download links on Duplicacy Downloads.

5 Likes

Hello, thank you for update.

But maybe release notes should mention that installation path is now changed
from
C:\Program Files (x86)\DuplicacyWebEdition
to
C:\Program Files\Duplicacy Web Edition in version 1.1.0
I starting Duplicacy via scheduled task (so I could run it elevated for VSS) and this cause me some trouble before I realized that .exe is now elsewhere

1 Like

It also doesn’t seem to be removing 1.0.0. Other than that, the install went very smoothly.

I found the same on MacOS 10.14. I had to remove the prior version first.

Note also that if you’re also using the CLI edition, the Web Edition keeps the CLI program up-to-date.
After updating the Web Edition, I had to update the symbolic link that I use to give me a “duplicacy” command.
On MacOS, currently the CLI program installed by Web Edition is at ~/.duplicacy-web/bin/duplicacy_osx_x64_2.2.3

1 Like

Uninstalling the previous version did not remove the previous install and did not stop the running service.
1.1 - installer did not asked for elevated rights and ran into an error writing to C::\Program Fles …
need to run it manually as admin

and finally opening the browser tells me "Duplicacy Web Edition 1.0.2 "

Can you please fix that install procedures for having an proper uninstall and install procedure with clear documentation where the executables and setting landed on the machine?
It very time consuming fixing stuff like that for a commercial product

Thanks

2 Likes

You need to stop the running service and then run sc delete "Duplicacy Web Edition" in an administrator DOS prompt. Then run the installer as administrator to install the program and the sevice.

I’ll fix these issues in the next version.

1 Like

Thanks for your support and that you have this issue on the list. :slight_smile:

Hi,

How do I update the Web edition on my Linux Server? Previously I was downloading the software and symlinking it…but there is no download link at the top of the post.

Thanks
pdaemon

There’s a download link for the latest version of the web edition on the download page linked from duplicacy.com: https://duplicacy.com/download.html

1 Like

Thanks leerspace!

My apologies, I should have looked there…but was just expecting it to be at the top of the post.

I’ll give this version a go and give some feedback.

Cheers pdaemon

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out, we’ve added the download link to OP as well.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.