Email Alert/Cron Setup Questions

monitoring

1. Can I setup Duplicacy to email me when a backup completes/fails, if so how? I couldn’t see anything on the Wiki?
  2. How do I add the backup task to a cron job on the ARM Version of Duplicacy? I’m running this on a Synology Rack Station if thats of any help?

Linux syn-01 3.2.40 armv7l GNU/Linux synology_armadaxp_rs815

1. Pre Command and Post Command Scripts
  2. Use DSM native task scheduler. (Control Panel -> Task Scheduler-> Create -> Scheduled Task -> User Defined Script. On the last page, Task Settings, you can configure an answer to your first question as well. But this is not a duplicacy question. This is Synology question.

Thanks for the helpful response again @saspus.

Regarding point 1. It’s all very well running a script after the Duplicacy for example. If I setup a script to email that a backup has completed. However, if Duplicacy fails how am I then going to make that email me on an error…? or include the error code? Surprised this isn’t built within Duplicacy as its within Vertical?

Thanks!

Quoting from here DiskStation Manager - Knowledge Base | Synology Inc.

• To receive run details of the task, select Send run details by email .
  • To get notified only when abnormalities occur, select Send run details only when the script terminates abnormally .

Here is the wiki page on the exit codes: Exit codes details

There was a discussion on this topic: CLI Error Codes?

Thank you both @saspus and @gchen. I’ve set this up on the UI so fingers crossed when the job runs on Friday everything goes smoothly.

Take a look at this topic: