duplicacy history - Show the history of a file

USAGE:
   duplicacy history [command options] <file>

OPTIONS:
   -id <snapshot id>        find the file in the snapshot with the specified id
   -r <revision> [+]        show history of the specified revisions
   -hash                    show the hash of the on-disk file
   -storage <storage name>  retrieve files from the specified storage

The history command shows how the hash, size, and timestamp of a file change over the specified set of revisions.

You can specify a different snapshot id rather than the default snapshot id, and multiple -r options to specify the set of revisions.

The -hash option is to compute the hash of the on-disk file. Otherwise, only the size and timestamp of the on-disk file will be included.

You can use the -storage option to select a different storage other than the default one.

An asterisk (*) at the end of a file name means the file has changed from the last revision.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Calling history for a file not in repository root doesn’t show the backup hash of that file:

A post was split to a new topic: Calling history for a file not in repository root doesn’t show the backup hash of that file:

I’m using Duplicacy Web Edition. How can I run the history command? I don’t see anything on the Restore tab that would allow it. Thanks!

The web edition doesn’t support the history command. You’ll need to run the CLI version.

What does the asterisk (*) at the end of a file mean?

The asterisk means the file has changed from the last revision.

1 Like

Added to Guide:

2 Likes

Would it be possible to show the history of a file since a specific revision, rather than for all revisions?

Something like duplicacy history -r 336- path/to/file-of-interest ?

I suppose I’m asking for the ability to specify a range of revisions for the -r argument, in general.