How to back up and restore Duplicacy settings on a Synology NAS

Hi -

I had to reinstall Duplicacy on my Synology NAS (DSM 7.2.1-69057).

Is there a way to restore the settings that were being used by Duplicacy? I came across this post: How to backup Duplicacy settings in Synology asking a similar question, but didn’t have any luck getting Duplicacy to pickup the settings.

I have the file from the /@appstore/duplicacy folder, prior to reinstalling Duplicacy.

The settings are contained in two .json files somewhere in that folder.

That’s what I was expecting. It’s just a file called duplicacy_web:

I’ll redo the config by hand, but I think coming up with method of how to back up and restore the settings for future use, would be helpful.

ti shall not be in the bin. There shall be some other folder where apps are supposed to keep application data on synology. Maybe search the whole /volume1 for “duplicacy.json”?

1 Like

Found it. Already reconfigured my backup settings but at least I know where to find it next time.

For reference for anyone else who may come across this post in the future, the files are stored in a hidden folder: .duplicacy-web

Path is below

/volume[###]/@appstore/duplicacy/.duplicacy-web
root@[REDACTED]:/volume1/@apphome/duplicacy# ls -a -l /volume1/@appstore/duplicacy/.duplicacy-web
total 24
drwxr-xr-x 1 duplicacy duplicacy  124 Oct  1 17:45 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 duplicacy duplicacy   34 Oct  1 15:55 ..
drwx------ 1 duplicacy duplicacy   50 Oct  1 15:55 bin
-rw------- 1 duplicacy duplicacy 8366 Oct  1 17:45 duplicacy.json
drwx------ 1 duplicacy duplicacy   18 Oct  1 17:25 filters
-rw------- 1 duplicacy duplicacy  171 Oct  1 15:57 keyring
-rw------- 1 duplicacy duplicacy 1048 Oct  1 17:22 licenses.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 duplicacy duplicacy  126 Oct  1 15:55 settings.json
drwx------ 1 duplicacy duplicacy   34 Oct  1 15:55 stats
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.