How to change BACKBLAZE_URL?

Before you post: have you tried searching the forum? If you have found related posts that didn’t quite solve your issue, please mention (link) them in your post.
I have used duplicacy with great satisfaction. But I found out backup is not properly done. I found this post in the forum which seems similar situation. (Error backing up to Backblaze). However, I cannot even look up the dns by f000.backblazeb2.com, which showed local host. I think the internet provider blocked the specific DNS because I could look up one starting with f001 and ping it. As a workaround, I hope I can change BACKBLAZE_URL to f001 one but I don’t see any mention in manual or forum of it. If anyone could help me out to change the download url. please?

There is no way to change this URL. It is actually a URL returned by Backblaze for uploading files and it is the DNS name of one of their file servers.

I get it. then I need to contact and ask either Backblaze to return other DNS or my internet provider not to block the DNS.
Thank you for responding!

That would be really weird for your ISP to block Backblaze. Are you sure you don’t have any adblocking solution/consumer firewall/application firewall/dns filter/safe browsing something along the way that may be locking this?

What happens if you use third party dns servers?

E.g. nslookup f000.backblazeb2.com 1.1.1.1

Hi, before getting to B2, I tried to find DNS of f000 in another computer with different internet service. But result for f000.backblazeb2.com shows local host. Could you verify f000 result is valid one? or Shoud I ask Backblaze if it is valid one?

It’d be very unusual for an ISP to block DNS lookups by returning localhost (127.0.0.1) - are you sure you’re not using some kinda filter on the router? Perhaps a software firewall or a Pi-Hole?

Otherwise, try just set third party DNS (e.g 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) and your adapters TCP/IP properties.

Thank you for attentions. I tried third party DNS (both 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8) and they show 104.153.233.177. I tried to look for any firewall daemon working but none found. I think I am using DNS server from my university (I looked into resolve.conf in centos7) and I’m currently using network in university. I said ISP blocks B2 but I think I should ask of internet service in the univ.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.