How to save/backup Web Edition configuration?

I’m trying out this QNAP x86 qpkg: QNAP packages for testing.

How can I save/backup the configuration? Backup doesn’t show the directories below

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Duplicacy

where the configuration is stored, so I can’t use Duplicacy.

Update: Found the answer here: Backup of Duplicacy config files

Update #2: Restoring the files listed in the above post does not work, as described here.

Can you run ps to see if the web GUI process is running before copying over the duplicacy.json file?

That’s probably the problem. Stopping the Duplicacy qpkg app doesn’t stop the web GUI process:

[~] # ps -a | grep -i dupli
 2930 admin       984 S   grep -i dupli
25713 admin     24184 S   /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Duplicacy/duplicacy_web

Is dwe.pid supposed to contain the PID? If so, it doesn’t:

[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Duplicacy] # cat dwe.pid

I stopped the Duplicacy app, manually killed the web process, and restarted the app. The dwe.pid file now has the correct PID.

Stopping the app from AppCenter does not stop the web process; however, stopping it by manually running dwe.sh does:

[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Duplicacy] # ps -a | grep -i dupli
11850 admin     27220 S   /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Duplicacy/duplicacy_web
19118 admin      1096 S   grep -i dupli
[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Duplicacy] # ./dwe.sh stop
[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Duplicacy] # ps -a | grep -i dupli
20158 admin       964 S   grep -i dupli

After removing the x86 qpkg and installing the x86_64 qpkg:

1. The web UI did not prompt for a master password, and

2. Adding a storage failed:

Failed to check the storage at /share/TR-004/Duplicacy/storage: fork/exec /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Duplicacy/.duplicacy-web/bin/duplicacy_linux_x64_2.7.1: no such file or directory

and I had to manually install the CLI.

After manually stopping the web process and restarting, the web UI prompts for the master password. Could the second problem also be caused by the failure to stop the web process?

Ok, I think I found the bug in dwe.sh that caused the app to stay running when you stop in from AppCenter. This bug doesn’t occur if you run ./dwe.sh stop manually.

Can you try to rename the CLI and restart the app (manually) to see if it can download a new CLI binary from github.com? If it fails you should see some error messages in share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Duplicacy/.duplicacy-web/logs/duplicacy_web.log.

Yes, manually stopping the web process and restarting the qpkg downloaded the new CLI binary.

But I’m encountering a new problem: Invalid or expired trial license