List doesn't show my snapshots

Hi,

New user here.

I completed an encrypted backup to backblaze, and it’s about 245GB. If I run the backup command from my repository again it says “INFO BACKUP_START No previous backup found”. I was expecting an incremental backup.

So I ran duplicacy list -a and no snapshots are listed.

I’ve checked that the storage is set correctly.

How can I discover which snapshots exist in my b2 backup? Its as if the local repository is unaware of the backup that was made.

Any ideas on how to proceed without doing another full backup?

Thanks,
Avner

Look in the snapshots directory in the B2 storage bucket. Each folder under that would correspond to each snapshot ID and each file under these folders would correspond to a completed backup revision.

duplicacy check can also provide you with important information to help identify what is happening:

Thanks for the reply. I only have a chunks folder. Is this due to it being encrypted?

Thanks for pointing out this command. I ran duplicacy check -a Unfortunately all I got was:
Listing all chunks and that was it.

I don’t think this is the case. I have an encrypted backup and have a revisions folder. The content in the files is still encrypted even though it’s outside of the chunks folder.

1. Did you log the output of your initial backup somewhere?
  2. What options did you use to run the initial backup?
  3. Are there folders and files in your chunks folder?
  1. Did you log the output of your initial backup somewhere?
    good call, I did. Looks like it did hit an error:
    2018-10-28 22:17:18.462 ERROR UPLOAD_CHUNK Failed to upload the chunk 881c784b29d7b858acf9bf50a0b6770346623eb90ac02f628b1b96d11d4b63b2: Maximum backoff reached 2018-10-28 22:17:18.462 ERROR UPLOAD_CHUNK Failed to upload the chunk 14d90f1d75a39ec2be0cb258f8b4097a21de80d874d55e618e72d5eb82850e05: Maximum backoff reached 2018-10-28 22:17:18.568 INFO INCOMPLETE_SAVE Incomplete snapshot saved to /avinas/.duplicacy/incomplete
  2. What options did you use to run the initial backup?
    /usr/bin/duplicacy -log backup -threads 4
  3. Are there folders and files in your chunks folder?
    Yes

That’s fortunate :). It looks like Duplicacy received enough errors from trying to upload at least one chunk to Wasabi that it timed out. There might be some lines leading up to the quoted line with more detailed error responses from Wasabi, but the easiest thing would be to probably just run the backup again (in case it was a temporary issue on Wasabi’s end) and make sure it completes.

Thanks for your help! Will run it again.

This is probably the best thing to do.

If you do a search for the error message you will see that most of the time it is a temporary problem with storage’s end:

https://forum.duplicacy.com/search?q=ERROR%20UPLOAD_CHUNK%20Failed%20to%20upload%20the%20chunk

BTW, I also had these problems with Wasabi…