Migrate from native to S3 API for B2 storage

I’ve been using B2 storage for years and have loved their service and pricing. I currently have Duplicacy set up to use the native B2 API. Following an issue that has now been resolved, I’m contemplating changing to using the S3 API which Backblaze advertises.

I’m assuming this is just a change in the access protocol, and what’s already stored on there can continue to be used?

Does anyone have a step-by-step guide on how to make this move?

Yes, you can remove the storage in duplicacy and then add it back with the same name, but this time as s3 storage, as opposed to B2.

This will preserve all your schedules and Duplicacy will continue as if nothing happened. It does not care where the data is, as long as it is accessible.

Given the resolution of the other thread though, wondering if there is still a strong argument to be doing this?

Probably not, at least not urgent.

On one hand, all the arguments for using more widely established api still apply — see how duplicacy worked just fine for years and this b2 specific issue was only discovered few months ago; who knows how many more gremlins are hiding there.

On the other, I’m not sure whether switching to s3 would have helped in this specific scenario.

I guess since it’s working now and out of general “not broken — don’t fix” principle I would let it be. :slight_smile:

The best kind of conclusion! No action needed!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.