SYNOPSIS:
   duplicacy set - Change the options for the default or specified storage

USAGE:
   duplicacy set [command options]

OPTIONS:
   -encrypt, e[=true]           encrypt the storage with a password
   -no-backup[=true]            backup to this storage is prohibited
   -no-restore[=true]           restore from this storage is prohibited
   -no-save-password[=true]     don't save password or access keys to keychain/keyring
   -nobackup-file <file name>   Directories containing a file with this name will not be backed up
   -key                         add a key/password whose value is supplied by the -value option
   -value                       the value of the key/password
   -storage <storage name>      use the specified storage instead of the default one
   -filters <file path>         specify the path of the filters file containing include/exclude patterns

The set command changes the options for the specified storage.

The -e option turns on the storage encryption. If specified as -e=false, it turns off the storage encryption.

The -no-backup option will not allow backups from this repository to be created.

The -no-restore option will not allow restoring this repository to a different revision.

The -no-save-password option will require every password or token to be entered every time and not saved anywhere.

The -key and -value options are used to store (in plain text) access keys or tokens need by various storages. Please refer to Passwords, credentials and environment variables for more details.

You can select a storage to change options for by specifying a storage name using the -storage option.

With the -filters option, you can specify the path of the file containing include/exclude patterns rather than the default one (.duplicacy/filters).

The -nobackup-file option was introduced in version 2.1.1 after discussion here.

link to [[Managing Passwords]] must be corrected :wink:

1 Like

What would one have to do if they want to make changes to the storage URL - I mean either slightly change the name of the final folder location or change the folder hierarchy resulting in URL path change?

1. Is this a completely client side change (i mean preferences file) OR does it need need any changes to be made on server side (config file)?
  2. Do we need to use a command to make the change? or do we need to do something manually?

Yes you can freely modify the storage url in the preferences file and no server side change is need.

No there isn’t a command to do that for you. You’ll need to edit the file manually.

Will this also prevent the restoring of individual files in that storage?

Will this:

• remove any previously saved values from the keyring / keychain?
  • still allow me to save those values through the set -storage ... -key ... -value ... mechanism?
  • remove any previously saved values from the keyring / keychain?

No.

• still allow me to save those values through the set -storage ... -key ... -value ... mechanism?

Yes.

It’s straightforward to verify though.