This is a repository I’ve backed up successfully in the past, but haven’t backed up recently. It uses the S3/Wasabi backend. Today when I attempted to start a backup from the command line, Duplicacy displayed the “storage has not been initialized” error:
ERROR STORAGE_NOT_CONFIGURED The storage has not been initialized
I went through the following steps:
- Checking the backend keys
- Checking the encryption password
- Searching the forum
- Running Duplicacy with debugging output enabled
- Checking the storage settings in the Duplicacy preferences file
- Upgrading Duplicacy to the latest version
- Confirming that the config file exists on the backend
- Connecting to the backend from a different computer
- Downloading the config file directly using curl
This step revealed that the Wasabi backend was returning a RequestTimeTooSkewed error:
The difference between the request time and the current time is too large.
I checked the system time and discovered that it was 19 minutes off. This backend allows a maximum difference of 15 minutes. After correcting the system time the backup ran normally.
Hopefully this information will be useful to someone.