Upgrade Web GUI as a service on windows

I am trying to upgrade a server from Web GUI 1.3.0 to 1.5.0 as a Windows service. Is there any special trick I need to do this?

I have followed the guide and run duplicacy_web_installer_win64_1.5.0.exe -install-service from a admin command prompt, and it seems to work except it tells me the service is already installed or some such thing. Then if I check the GUI, it works, but still appears to be 1.3.0 as I can see both in the gui, and the name of the process that is running in process manager.

I have tried running with the -uninstall-service option with both the 1.3.0 and 1.5.0 binary, with checking and unchecking the check box to install the service when it comes up in the binary, but it does not uninstall the service.

Is there something I am missing.

Thanks heaps.
Matthew

Here’s a post I made about this:

Ignore the part about deleting .duplicacy-web. The general gist is, I never really had success with an update install - only with an uninstall and reinstall. Just make sure to double-check the service is removed after uninstalling the old version, before you go ahead and install v1.5.0.

Incidentally, the server install flags are executed via the duplicacy_web_win64_*.exe - not the installer .exe:

This is correct. I just wanted to add that you need to run duplicacy_web_win64_*.exe as administrator to have the permission to uninstall a service.

Thanks guys. Pointing out the -uninstall-service is a program option rather than installer option enabled me to fix it.

Thanks heaps.