Configure number of threads in web-ui

I’m looking for a way to configure the amount of threads for a backup job any ideas how ?

thanks.

Under the Schedule section, under a schedule, there are generally one or more jobs. On the line of the backup job where you want to configure the number of threads, click on the text under the column options. By default, it is empty so it is a “-”.

A pop-up will appear. There, you can specify any of the arguments listed under the documentation (including “-threads” argument) for the backup command.

To configure the number of threads, you would type “-threads x”, where “x” is the number of threads you want. For example, if you wanted eight threads, you would use “-threads 8”. Then hit “OK” to apply your settings.

You’ve successfully configured the number of threads for your backup job!

(Incidentally, putting the Schedule section aside, under the Backup section, the -threads argument as well as any other argument can be applied to individual non-scheduled backups, too, by selecting the options there.)

1 Like

Hmmm… I too am looking for how to configure options in a backup… the little dash (-) mentioned here is not clickable for me… tried a couple browsers on the mac.

Any ideas?

Looks like the dashes just became clickable… ?? So disregard previous post :slight_smile:

One can also set threads in Backup-section. Do the scheduled jobs run the backup jobs with the options defined in Backup-section or do I need to define the threads in Schedule-section?

This is a very good (unanswered) question. I have -vss -threads 4 entered in the Command Options field of my backup. In the Schedule section, no options are listed.

The result is, in my backup logs, -vss -threads 4 is not there, and files-in-use errors are occurring. Apparently putting the command options only in the command options field of the backup section is not correct. Comments?

After some experiments, I think I can answer my own question. The command options fields in the Backup and Schedule (backup job type) sections are independent. You must enter the options you want in each section. This makes it possible to have different options for manual vs. scheduled backups.

1 Like

Thank You for posting this. I was sure to hit this soon once my first (manual) test backups were complete. I don’t recall this ever being stated in the wiki/etc but I like having separated (I’d likely use -vss on the scheduled backups but don’t want to on the manual one since seeing what’s in use gives me ideas for things to exclude).