Upgrade Help Needed for Synology DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 3 to 7.2.1-69057 Update 4

For more than a couple of years I was backing up using Duplicacy v1.5.0 which was installed using the package option (Synology packages for testing) directly on my Synology DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 3 and it worked flawlessly.

One of my drives died and I was forced to upgrade to DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 4.

Now whenever I run the package it will start and then automatically stop. I guess the duplicacy version is not compatible with my current DSM version.

Can someone please guide me on how I can update my duplicacy to work on my DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 4 without losing all the configurations?

You should be able to install a package for DSM 7, if you want to continue use the packages. To be safe, backup the duplicacy.json file.

You can also install the duplicacy natively: Duplicacy Web on Synology Diskstation without Docker | Trinkets, Odds, and Ends

This will avoid dealing with a horrific Synology packaging system.

(Better yet, I would revert back to DSM 6 instead, if you have to keep using Synology as opposed to literary any other storage solution, but i digress)

Do you know which version of duplicacy is compatible with DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 4?
It’s v1.7.2 (Duplicacy Web Edition 1.7.2 releases), right?
Also, where can I find the duplicacy.json file?

1 Like

Thank you so much!
Oh and in the link you shared, you mentioned it will be two json files. But you only mentioned the duplicacy.json file here. What is the other file that I have to save too?