Duplicacy Web Edition 1.0.0 is now available

Thank you @Hifihedgehog it will be definitively useful for people on Linux. I have to wait until Micrsoft implements systemd to Windows 10 :grin:

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Configure number of threads in web-ui

Any hope for a future Arm64 web edition release? :smiley:

Also, can I just copy duplicacy_web_linux_arm_1.0.0 over the existing duplicacy_web_linux_arm_0.2.10 and leave my .duplicacy-web directory alone or do I need to tweak something?

No need to tweak anything. You can do that and it should work.

Great thanks for your help!
clicking the “-” wasn’t obvious to me.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Import settings from the GUI version?

Any way to remove a password once set?

Hi,

I am a new user of duplicacy so apologies if this is somehow obvious…

But related to your comment: does it then mean that to use the WebUI you need to download both the CLI and WebUI executables?

While checking into docker images for duplicacy, I noticed the image by ehough actually does download both binaries:

Whereas the one by saspus actually doesn’t seem to do that?

https://hub.docker.com/r/saspus/duplicacy-web/dockerfile

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gabriele

1 Like

Nope, there’s no need to download both. Just download the Web edition, and it will download all that’s needed (which is only the CLI) automatically and use it behind the scenes.

At all times you will only interact with (use) the web frontend and you don’t have to care about anything else.

2 Likes

Correct, it is not necessary to download the engine manually — the main app will auto download everything it needs on the first launch.

You can edit ~/.duplicacy-web/duplicacy.json to remove the administration_token key.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Web-ui on Debian

Wow! This is awesome. Others are asking about backup schedules with the Web Edition, and my interest is in recovery. Using the Duplicacy CLI to recover a single file is challenging and this really addresses that issue for me. Thank you!

On a side note, how will this feature be licensed?

A post was split to a new topic: Cannot restore single file

I would like to note that using this configuration, I have found that the service does not work fully with scheduled jobs after a restart or shutdown is effected in CentOS. Any scheduled jobs will failure after a full system restart and refuse to run. They have to be “kickstarted” with an initial manual start. After this, though, the scheduled jobs will run automatically without user initiation until the next system power cycling event occurs.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Transfer licenses to web edition?

A post was split to a new topic: Check files after upload

4 posts were split to a new topic: Duplicacy in Ubuntu linux container

Adapting this may fix the issue with Duplicacy not self-invoking a job after a reboot. (Update: I confirmed yesterday that it worked for me, at least.) The issue is Duplicacy may start before the network interfaces are fully loaded. Thanks, @lonich.karoly!

By default the systemd service starts and runs with / as the working directory. So duplicacy-web installs its configuration, logs, etc. under /.duplicacy-web.

Adding WorkingDirectory=/root/ in the [Service] section allows for the working directory to be somewhere else: in this case the working files will now be found under /root/.duplicacy-web.

1 Like