Filters Include/Exclude, Could it be implemented to a "tick" folder instead?

Hello! It’s been over a year since I tried duplicacy.
When I tested the old gui it was difficult to add folders and exclude if I had multiple folders to do so.
I’v tried the new webgui and it persist.

There is no way to implement a tick folder like Arq/Crashplan have?
It would make it so easy to people who doesn’t have knowledge with links and paths etc, and I would come back to Duplicacy in a blink. The tech works better than Arq (which im using now), making it possible to me to have my entire backups 30% smaller (a big number when backing up around 1TB/year)

5 Likes

I’ll try. It wasn’t implemented because such a mode may not be compatible with the powerful pattern rules that we currently support. Maybe I’ll add this as a basic mode which will generate include/exclude patterns from those ticks and un-ticks (and disable custom patterns). The current mode will be the advanced mode where you can enter the patterns manually.

8 Likes

Hey!! This would be very nice! And I’m pretty sure it would make it easier to noobs/less skilled people understand. In the end more people would be joining Duplicacy. It’s win/win.

How can I monitor the implementation ETA?

Yea, some kind of dashboard where we could monitor progress on various features would be great :wink:

But see this.

1 Like

:sweat_smile::laughing:

Pretty much a dupe of my ask here :wink:

Glad it’s getting looked at though!. I’d really appreciate any sort of integration with the result of custom patterns, even if it was much slower as an opt-in feature.